Corey knows what it takes to be successful as an athlete. His hard work, and dedication earned him a position with the Seattle Seahawks as a wide receiver, and continues to earn him Gold Medals in USA Track and Field Championships.
The same determination and commitment that he exemplifies he teaches athletes today. There is nothing Corey expects from an athlete that he hasn't done himself. He's a hands on players coach, and he will teach you what it takes to win.
2014-2015 Indoor/Outdoor Season
- 200m AZ State Games Gold Medalist M35-40
- 100m Grand Canyon State Games Gold Medalist M35-40
- 200m Grand Canyon State Games Gold Medalist M35-40
2013-2014 Indoor/Outdoor Season
- 400m Indoor Gold Medalist M35-40
- 200m Indoor Silver Medalist M35-40
- Olympic Trials Qualifier for 2000 & 2004
- PENN Relay 4x400 meter Champion
- Texas Relay 4x400 meter Champion
- Mt. Sac. 4x400 meter Champion
- Mt. Sac 400 meter Champion
- Stanford Invitational 400 meter Champion
- USA indoor national championship silver medalist 400 meters
- USA indoor national championship bronze medalist 200 meters
- World indoor championships Gold medalist 4x400 relay
- Indoor national qualifier 2003, 2004, 2005
Boise State University
- School record holder in the 400 meter sprints
- Big West Conference Champion in the 200/400 meter sprints
- Big West Conference Athlete of The Year
- Two time All American Division 1 in the 200/400 meter sprintsTeam USA University Games member in Spain.
Santa Rosa Junior College
- All American honors in 400 meter sprints
- School record holder 400 meter sprints
- California State qualifier 400 meter sprints
- School record holder in the 200/400 meter sprints.
- Northbay League Champion and meet record holder in the 200/400 meter sprints.
- North Coast Section Champion and meet record holder in the 400 meter sprints.
- Meet of Champions meet record holder in the 400 meter sprints.
- Northern California Redwood Empire lists Corey ranked #1 all time 400 meter sprints and #2 all time in the 200 meter sprints.
- California State qualifier in the 400 meter sprints
West Coast Striders Track Club is owned by Gold Medalist Corey Nelson. Coach Nelson's training is for collegiate athletes during off season competition and elite and masters athletes for indoor and outdoor season competition.
The training focus is on speed, endurance, and conditioning in combination with technical running and sprinting fundamentals.